Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
Our company, Atomic47 Labs, is a small, full-service Venture Studio that specializes in emerging technology products. We work in partnership with clients to build projects in the following areas: Blockchain, AI, Fintech, IoT, Authentech, and Healthcare.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality across all our projects. We’d like to meet you if you have an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA Engineer role plays an integral part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
– Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
– Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
– Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
– Oversee and deliver on release management: including creating release notes, setting up feedback sheets, communicating with test groups, and processing feedback
– Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools
– Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
– Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
– Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
– Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
– Monitor debugging process results
– Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
– Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
– Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Requirements and skills
– Proven work experience in software development
– Proven work experience in software quality assurance
– Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
– Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
– Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
– Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
– Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
– Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
– Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
– BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field preferred
What we offer:
– Competitive salary in the range of $50 – $70K per year depending on experience.
– 4 weeks of vacation per year (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s)
– Comprehensive extended health, vision, and dental package.
– Room and incentives for growth.
– Fully remote work with a flexible schedule.
– A fun, talented, and motivated team.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter please include your salary requirements and a clear example of how you have been successful in your previous work experience.